Family day care is a flexible and rewarding career option for people interested in creating home-based nurturing experiences for children in all South Australian communities. As someone who enjoys working with children, you can be your own boss, work from your own home and choose the hours that suit you.
Family day care educators are registered with our family day care scheme. We will support you every step of the way to help you deliver high-quality early childhood care for children and their families in your local area. We will help you with training and establishing your own business and offer ongoing support.
Educators must have a minimum of Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care. Whether you have the required experience and qualifications or you are willing to undertake the training, contact our business and customer support centre.
Click here to find out more about the essential skills and qualifications needed to become an educator.
As an educator you will:
• provide a safe and welcoming home environment for children
• develop and tailor a program for each child based on their learning and development needs
• keep a development record for each child you care for
• manage your own business, administration and hours of work.
We have a coordination unit which supports educators in their work. Our qualified coordinators:
- offer training and development opportunities
- regularly visit educators
- manage child care benefits on behalf of families
- support educators with information about the latest trends in child development and care standards.
If you would like to find out more about becoming an educator, please contact our business and customer support centre.
Family Day Care Business and Customer Support Centre
Phone (metro): 8343 6533
Phone (country): 1300 551 890
Email: educationfdcbusiness [at] sa.gov.au