A government services employee (GSE) provides grounds, facilities and maintenance support with South Australian government schools and preschools.
Any available positions will be advertised on the Department for Education Jobs board
Duties of a government services employee include:
- labour-intensive work
- operating machinery or facilities
- equipment and machinery maintenance at a schooling site
- landscape and flora maintenance of the schooling site
- building maintenance.
Full time/part time appointment with leave conditions – working 48/52 weeks per year. Entitled to paid sick leave, recreation leave and special leave, long service leave and payment for public holidays not worked.
Casual appointment with 25% loading . Not entitled to any paid leave except special leave at the discretion of the employer and long service leave.
Government service employees are appointed under Section 101B of the Education Act, 1972.
Salary and conditions of employment are contained in the:
- South Australian government wage parity (weekly paid) enterprise agreement 2007
- South Australian Government Services Award
- other awards or agreements applicable from time to time.
People and Culture operations
Phone: 8226 1356
Email: Education.Recruitment [at] sa.gov.au