The online Responding to Abuse and Neglect – Education and Care (RAN-EC) course will update you on child protection work in South Australia. It will help you understand your role in promoting safety and wellbeing in children, young people and their families.
The online update course is provided free of charge by the Department for Education.
This course is required for staff working in:
- the Department for Education
- Catholic Education South Australia (CESA)
- Association of Independent Schools of South Australia (AISSA).
Any other education and care staff are welcome to do this update as part of their child protection training strategy.
Access the RAN-EC update training via Plink
- Department for Education staff – this is only for current department employees with Learnlink accounts.
- Non-department staff – this includes former department employees; Catholic and Independent schools; anyone from any other education and care setting.
This update is not required for volunteers. The department has a specific RAN-EC induction for volunteers.
Before starting the course
These documents are referred to in the online training, so it’s good to have a copy with you as you do the course.
- Protective practices for staff in their interactions with children and young people (PDF 507KB)
- Responding to problem sexual behaviour in children and young people (PDF 1.36 MB)
- Managing allegations of sexual misconduct in SA education and care settings (PDF 24 KB)
Details for site leaders
It’s recommended that site leaders run a professional focus session after staff have completed the update training.
Department for Education
Email: education.CSW [at] sa.gov.au
Catholic Education SA
Phone: 8301 6600 (ask for the RAN help desk)
Association of Independent Schools of SA
Phone: 8179 1400