On this page
This is a specific child protection training course. It is part of a set of RAN-EC courses.
Course type: face-to-face
Running time: 7 hours
To book in: contact one of the approved training providers
People who work at an education service, including:
- education employees who do not have a current RAN-EC certificate.
Example roles this is suitable for
- principals and directors
- school services officers (SSOs)
- early childhood workers (ECWs)
- grounds people
- swimming and aquatics instructors
- music instructors
- pre-service teachers
- corporate office staff
If you have done your mandatory notification training, look at:
- Update course: Responding to Abuse and Neglect – Education and Care
- Bridging course: Child Safe Environments to RAN-EC
If you're not sure this is the right course for you, talk to your site leader or manager, or future employer.
This course was developed and is endorsed by:
- the Department for Education
- Catholic Education South Australia
- Association of Independent Schools of South Australia.
RAN-EC support and access to training
Technical support for online courses — Contact your organisation’s ICT helpdesk.
Other RAN-EC enquiries
Contact your organisation:
- Department for Education — government schools
Email: education.RANEC [at] sa.gov.au
- Catholic Education SA — for people working with Catholic schools
Phone: 8301 6600 (ask for the RAN help desk)
- Association of Independent Schools of SA — for people working or volunteering with independent schools
Phone: 8179 1400