On this page
This is a specific child protection training course. It is part of a set of RAN-EC courses.
Course type: face-to-face
Running time: 2 hours
To book in: talk to your local site leader
Volunteers recruited by an education service
Approval from the local principal or preschool director.
This applies to any service run by the Department for Education, Catholic Education South Australia, or the Association of Independent Schools of South Australia.
Volunteers from other organisations
Approval from the organisation responsible for the volunteer.
People volunteering at an education service where there are children or young people.
Example roles this is suitable for
- governing council members
- preschool management committee members
- parents that help in the canteen
- kitchen garden helpers
- KickStart for Kids volunteers
- United Way volunteers
Remember: this course is only suitable if you meet the minimum requirements.
- employment in education
- bus drivers new to the Department for Education
- tertiary students (TAFE or university students)
If you’re not sure this is the right course for you, talk to your site leader or volunteer contact person.
This course is endorsed by:
- the Department for Education
- Catholic Education South Australia
- Association of Independent Schools of South Australia.
Department for Education
Email: education.CSW [at] sa.gov.au
Catholic Education SA
Phone: 8301 6600 (ask for the RAN help desk)
Association of Independent Schools of SA
Phone: 8179 1400