On this page
This is a specific child protection training course. It is part of a set of RAN-EC courses.
Course type: online
Running time: 1 hour
To book in: talk to your local site leader then register for the volunteers online course
Volunteers recruited by an education service
Approval from the local principal or preschool director. They must be sure this is the best fit for you.
This applies to any service run by the Department for Education, Catholic Education South Australia, or the Association of Independent Schools of South Australia.
Volunteers from other organisations
Approval from the organisation responsible for you. Your organisation will decide if doing the online course is the best fit for you.
People volunteering at an education service where there are children or young people.
Example roles this is suitable for
- governing council members
- preschool management committee members
- parents that help in the canteen
- kitchen garden helpers
- Service to Youth volunteers
- Anglicare volunteers
Remember: you must meet the minimum requirements to do this course online instead of in person.
- bus drivers new to the Department for Education
- tertiary students (TAFE or university students)
Your site leader will let you know if this is the right course for you.
This course was developed and is endorsed by:
- the Department for Education
- Catholic Education South Australia
- Association of Independent Schools of South Australia.
Department for Education
Email: education.CSW [at] sa.gov.au
Catholic Education SA
Phone: 8301 6600 (ask for the RAN help desk)
Association of Independent Schools of SA
Phone: 8179 1400