On this page
The non-education service providers in preschools, schools and educational programs procedure, and the licence agreement for non-Department for Education service providers working in preschools and schools have been developed to support site leaders in the approval and management of external providers in department sites.
The procedure details the process for preschool and school leaders (site leaders) when managing or considering requests from any person or organisation who is independent of the department and is looking to provide and/or providing a direct support/service to children and young people in government preschools, schools and educational programs.
Site leaders are required to complete the record of decision making checklist and licence agreement prior to approval of external providers working in preschools or schools. These forms are available for staff on the intranet.
The following documentation must be provided by non-Department for Education service providers to preschool/school leaders:
- either a current teachers registration certificate OR a DHS child related employment screening letter and a current Responding to Abuse and Neglect - Education and Care Certificate (RAN-EC)
- a copy of the organisation's child safe environment compliance statement
- copy of the non-department's service provider’s public liability and professional indemnity insurance
- copy of qualifications in professional field of practice
- current registration and/or membership with a relevant professional organisation:
- Psychology AHPRA Registration Certificate
- Occupational Therapy AHPRA Registration Certificate
- full membership of Speech Pathology Australia
- membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers
- or relevant qualifications relevant to the proposed service being delivered to the child or young person
- any information which details limitations or restrictions which have been placed on professional practice details of the proposed service being delivered to the child or young person, including frequency of service, time involved and program being delivered.
Disability Policy and Programs
Phone: 8226 0521
Email: education.dpp [at] sa.gov.au