On this page
A new course is coming in Term 2, 2021. There are no changes to current training until then.
The school principal will let you know how it works.
This is a specific child protection training course. It is part of a set of RAN-EC courses.
Course type: face-to-face
Running time: 2 hours
To book in: talk to your local site leader
Volunteers recruited by an education service
Approval from the local principal, preschool director or out of school hours care (OSHC) director.
This applies to any service run by the Department for Education, Catholic Education South Australia, or the Association of Independent Schools of South Australia.
Volunteers from other organisations
Approval from the organisation responsible for the volunteer.
People volunteering at an education service where there are children or young people.
Example roles this is suitable for
- governing council members
- preschool management committee members
- OSHC volunteers
- parents that volunteer in the canteen
- kitchen garden volunteers
- KickStart for Kids volunteers
- United Way volunteers
Remember: this course is only suitable if you meet the minimum requirements.
- employment in education
- bus drivers new to the Department for Education
- tertiary students (TAFE or university students)
If you’re not sure this is the right course for you, talk to your site leader or volunteer contact person.
This course is endorsed by:
- the Department for Education
- Catholic Education South Australia
- Association of Independent Schools of South Australia.
RAN-EC support and access to training
Technical support for online courses — Contact your organisation’s ICT helpdesk.
Other RAN-EC enquiries
Contact your organisation:
- Department for Education — government schools
Email: education.RANEC [at] sa.gov.au
- Catholic Education SA — for people working with Catholic schools
Email: RANEC.HR [at] cesa.catholic.edu.au
- Association of Independent Schools of SA — for people working or volunteering with independent schools
Email: office [at] ais.sa.edu.au