Go to top of page

Help to make a complaint

The Department for Education is committed to having a complaint management process that is easy to understand and accessible to everyone.

This page has information you can use if you need help to make a complaint.

Translated information

We have translated information about how to make a complaint into 18 languages.

See translations of raising a complaint with the department fact sheet.

Support from the department

Children with disability and special needs

See support for children with disability and special needs or phone 8226 1769.

Aboriginal children and young people

You can get support from an Aboriginal support staff worker at your local education office or school.

Search for your local partnership by looking up your school or preschool, go to contact details.

If you need more support:

Young people (under 18)

Students under 18 can make a complaint to the Customer Feedback unit (CFU).

However we encourage you to talk with your school first.

If you have questions call 8226 1000 or email: education.customers [at] sa.gov.au.

You can get other support from your local education office.

Also see the parenting information and support for more information. 

Other support

  • For people who do not speak English, contact Translating and Interpreting Service (TIS) on 1800 280 203 (toll free).
  • For Aboriginal interpreter services phone 8999 2062 or email ais [at] nt.gov.au.
  • The National Relay Service is available for customers that are deaf, hard of hearing or have a speech impairment. Call 133 677 (TTY or voice calls) or 1300 555 727 (speak and listen) at no extra charge.
  • Child protection issues will be directed to the Department for Child Protection where required.

Other external support services are: