On this page
This is a workshop about mandatory notifications and child protection in education.
It is part 2 of RRHAN-EC training for specific staff.
Course type: facilitator-led workshop (in person or on videoconference)
Knowledge set: advanced
Running time: 4 hours
- log in to Plink and complete the fundamentals course
- Use Plink to choose a training provider and book in for masterclass.
Cost: varies – check with the training provider
You cannot book in for masterclass until you complete the fundamentals course.
Completion of the fundamentals course.
Specific staff who:
- are new
- do not have a current RRHAN-EC certificate.
These specific staff include:
- principals and directors
- school services officers (SSOs)
- education support officers (ESOs) – non-government schools
- early childhood workers (ECWs)
- swimming and aquatics instructors
- music instructors
- pre-service teachers
- paid trainees and apprentices
- site administration staff
- site student support staff
- hourly paid instructors
- boarding facilities staff
- counsellors and chaplaincy workers.
This masterclass is also used if someone’s role changes to include work with children or young people. For example, if someone works off-site and wins a role at a school, they must complete this masterclass.
The masterclass is not for:
- staff with a current certificate who need to update
- work experience students
- people on professional placement
- bus drivers
- canteen workers
- people bridging from full day Safe Environments – Through Their Eyes training
- corporate staff who do not work with children and young people
- sector office education staff (non-government schools) who do not work with children and young people.
This course was developed and is endorsed by:
- the Department for Education
- Catholic Education South Australia
- Association of Independent Schools of South Australia.
RRHAN-EC support and access to training
Technical support for online courses — Contact your organisation’s ICT helpdesk.
Other RRHAN-EC enquiries
Contact your organisation:
- Department for Education — government schools
- Catholic Education SA — for people working with Catholic schools
- Association of Independent Schools of SA — for people working or volunteering with independent schools