On this page
The DreamBIG Children's Festival is an iconic arts festival for kids and young people held every 2 years in South Australia.
The festival was originally known as Come Out Children's Festival, and started in 1974. Since then it's become an important part of South Australia's preschool and school calendars.
The festival includes:
- storytelling experiences.
The festival has both:
- a schools program, where kids take part in events and performances through their school
- a general public program for families.
The next festival will be held from 22 May to 1 June 2019. This ties in with the UNESCO International Arts Education Week.
Events will be held all around the state, including at the Festival Centre, Elder Park and throughout Adelaide.
A range of resources are available to help with teaching and learning in the arts curriculum and pedagogies. Additional resources will be available at the launch of the 2019 festival.
- DreamBIG 2019 – Teaching and learning resource (PDF 6MB)
- DreamBIG 2019 – Professional learning workshops flyer (PDF 982KB)
- DreamBIG 2019 – Professional learning workshops registration form (PDF 181KB)
- Accompanying notes and music for DreamBIG Children’s Festival 2019 Teaching and learning resource, Music years 3 – 4: Food Beats (page 30) (PDF, 218 KB)
- DreamBIG 2017 – Teaching and learning resource (PDF, 14 MB)
- Come Out 2015 – Teaching and learning resource (PDF, 3.8 MB)
Receive e-news with up-to-date information about DreamBIG Children’s Festival and professional learning opportunities in the arts offered by Department for Education.
Registration is free.
Complete the Registration Form (188 KB) and email to: education.DreamBIG [at] sa.gov.au
DreamBIG Children's Festival
Phone: 8463 5994
Email: education.DreamBIG [at] sa.gov.au