On this page
The DreamBIG Children's Festival is an iconic arts festival for kids and young people held every 2 years in South Australia.
The festival was originally known as Come Out Children's Festival, and started in 1974. Since then it's become an important part of South Australia's preschool and school calendars.
The festival includes:
- storytelling experiences.
The festival has both:
- a schools program, where kids take part in events and performances through their school
- a general public program for families.
The next festival will be held from 22 May to 1 June 2019. This ties in with the UNESCO International Arts Education Week.
Events will be held all around the state, including at the Festival Centre, Elder Park and throughout Adelaide.
A range of resources are available to help with teaching and learning in the arts curriculum and pedagogies. Additional resources will be available at the launch of the 2019 festival.
- DreamBIG 2017 – Teaching and learning resource (PDF, 14 MB)
- Come Out 2015 – Teaching and learning resource (PDF, 3.8 MB)
DreamBIG Children's Festival
Phone: 8463 5973
Email: education.DreamBIG [at] sa.gov.au