The ensembles managed by Instrumental Music (IM) and the Primary Schools Music Festival (PSMF) aim to:
- provide an ensemble experience to supplement programs available in schools
- achieve personal excellence for each student and for the ensemble
- provide an extension opportunity for advanced students
- deliver Australian or SACE curriculum for Year 10, 11 and 12 students.
Each ensemble has an annual program of rehearsals, tutorials, concerts and tours, including performances at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre during the Primary Schools Music Festival in September.
Students can audition:
- on more than one instrument - a separate audition must be booked for each instrument.
- for more than one ensemble on the same instrument in one audition - select the ensemble that is their first preference and indicate other preferences on the student ensemble application form 2019 (PDF 136KB).