On this page
Read more about the new course coming on 1 July 2021. There are no changes to current training until then.
This is a specific child protection training course. It is part of a set of RAN-EC courses.
Course type: online
Running time: 1 hour
To book in: talk to your local site leader then
- Create an account on the department’s training website, Plink.
- Register for the Volunteers online course: Responding to Abuse and Neglect – Education and Care.
Volunteers recruited by an education service
Approval from the local principal, preschool director or out of school hours care (OSHC) director. They must be sure this is the best fit for you.
This applies to any service run by the Department for Education, Catholic Education South Australia, or the Association of Independent Schools of South Australia.
Volunteers from other organisations
Approval from the organisation responsible for you. Your organisation will decide if doing the online course is the best fit for you.
People volunteering at an education service where there are children or young people.
Example roles this is suitable for
- governing council members
- preschool management committee members
- OSHC volunteer
- parents that volunteer in the canteen
- kitchen garden volunteers
- Service to Youth volunteers
- Anglicare volunteers
Remember: you must meet the minimum requirements to do this course online instead of in person.
- employment in education
- bus drivers new to the Department for Education
- tertiary students (TAFE or university students)
Your site leader will let you know if this is the right course for you.
This course was developed and is endorsed by:
- the Department for Education
- Catholic Education South Australia
- Association of Independent Schools of South Australia.
RAN-EC support and access to training
Technical support for online courses — Contact your organisation’s ICT helpdesk.
Other RAN-EC enquiries
Contact your organisation:
- Department for Education — government schools
Email: education.RANEC [at] sa.gov.au
- Catholic Education SA — for people working with Catholic schools
Email: RANEC.HR [at] cesa.catholic.edu.au
- Association of Independent Schools of SA — for people working or volunteering with independent schools
Email: office [at] ais.sa.edu.au