On this page
The National Day of Action against Bullying and Violence (NDA) is an annual event that supports schools and preschools to work with their school communities to find practical and lasting solutions to bullying and violence. The event is held on the third Friday of March every year.
The NDA gives preschools and schools the opportunity to:
- promote bullying prevention initiatives
- raise awareness of how to prevent and respond to bullying
- showcase the bullying prevention work that happens throughout the year
- highlight steps taken to create inclusive school communities that are safe from bullying
- share how they take action and empower children and young people, staff, families and the community to be part of the solution
- send a clear message that bullying is not accepted within the school gates and beyond.
In 2021 more than 500 South Australian schools registered with ‘Bullying. No Way! ’ as a visible statement of their school’s commitment to keeping children and young people safe from bullying.
Schools were able to apply for up to $5,000 of funding support to help make improvements to their physical environments.
Learn more about protective physical environments to reduce bullying and improve children’s wellbeing.
Harmony week celebrates Australia’s cultural diversity. It’s about inclusiveness, respect and a sense of belonging for everyone.
Occurs annually from 15 to 21 March. Includes 21 March, which is the United Nations International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination.
National reconciliation week
National reconciliation week is a time for all Australians to learn about our shared histories, cultures, and achievements, and to explore how each of us can contribute to achieving reconciliation in Australia.
Occurs annually from 27 May to 3 June.
Safer internet day
Safer Internet Day is an international day to promote safer and more responsible use of digital technology. In Australia the day is led by the eSafety Commissioner.
Occurs annually on 9 February 2021.
Engagement and Wellbeing
Email: education.engagementandwellbeing [at] sa.gov.au