On this page
Read important information about new criminal offences under Statutes Amendment (Child Sexual Abuse) Act 2021.
This is a workshop about mandatory notifications and child protection in education.
It is part 2 of RRHAN-EC training for specific staff.
Course type: facilitator-led workshop (in person or on videoconference)
Knowledge set: advanced
Running time: 4 hours
- Log in to Plink.
- Select the course called ‘Masterclass and fundamentals for NEW staff or staff with expired certificate’.
- Complete your fundamentals course.
- Use Plink to choose a training provider and book in for masterclass.
Cost: varies – check with the training provider
You cannot book in for masterclass until you complete your fundamentals course.
Completion of the fundamentals course.
Specific staff who:
- are new
- do not have a current RRHAN-EC certificate.
These specific staff include:
- principals and directors
- school services officers (SSOs)
- education support officers (ESOs) – non-government schools
- early childhood workers (ECWs)
- swimming and aquatics instructors
- music instructors
- pre-service teachers
- paid trainees and apprentices
- site administration staff
- site student support staff
- hourly paid instructors
- boarding facilities staff
- family day care workers
- counsellors and chaplaincy workers.
This masterclass is also used if someone’s role changes to include work with children or young people. For example, if someone works off-site and wins a role at a school, they must complete this masterclass.
The masterclass is not for:
- staff with a current certificate who need to update
- work experience students
- people on professional placement
- bus drivers
- canteen workers
- people bridging from full day Safe Environments – Through Their Eyes training
- corporate staff who do not work with children and young people
- sector office education staff (non-government schools) who do not work with children and young people.
The Statutes Amendment (Child Sexual Abuse) Act 2021 came into operation on 1 June 2022. It includes 2 new offences which carry a penalty of imprisonment. The offences relate to failure to report and protect a child from sexual abuse.
The department’s RRHAN-EC training does not include information about these new offences. However, all employees, contractors and volunteers must understand your legal obligations.
For more information, read new criminal offices under Statutes Amendment (Child Sexual Abuse) Act 2021.
This course was developed and is endorsed by:
- the Department for Education
- Catholic Education South Australia
- Association of Independent Schools of South Australia.