Go to top of page

Access to schools and preschools for non-education service providers

On this page

New mandatory notification training (RRHAN-EC) is available now. You can do this if:

  • your certificate is expiring soon, or
  • you do not have a current certificate.

The non-education service providers in preschools, schools and educational programs procedure (PDF 737KB) supports site leaders in the approval and management of external providers in department sites.

The procedure details the process for preschool and school leaders (site leaders) when managing or considering requests from any person or organisation who is independent of the department and is looking to provide a direct support or service to children and young people with disability in government preschools, schools and educational programs.

Site leaders are required to complete the record of decision making checklist and licence agreement prior to approval of external providers working in preschools or schools. These forms are available for staff on the intranet (staff login required).

Required documentation

The following documentation must be provided by non-Department for Education service providers to preschool or school leaders:

  • either a:
    • current teachers registration certificate, OR
    • DHS Working with Children Check unique identifier and a current Responding to Risks of Harm, Abuse and Neglect - Education and Care (RRHAN-EC) certificate, OR
    • DHS Working with Children Check unique identifier, a current Responding to Risks of Harm, Abuse and Neglect – Education and Care bridging course certificate (RRHAN – EC) and a safe environments training certificate completed in the last 3 years run by a DHS approved provider
  • a copy of the organisation's child safe environment compliance statement
  • copy of the non-department's service provider’s public liability and professional indemnity insurance
  • copy of qualifications in professional field of practice or a current registration or membership with a relevant professional organisation such as:
    • Psychology AHPRA Registration Certificate
    • Occupational Therapy AHPRA Registration Certificate
    • full membership of Speech Pathology Australia
    • membership of the Australian Association of Social Workers
    • or relevant qualifications relevant to the proposed service being delivered to the child or young person
  • any information which details limitations or restrictions which have been placed on professional practice details of the proposed service being delivered to the child or young person, including frequency of service, time involved and program being delivered.

Inclusive Teaching and Learning

Phone: 8226 0521
Email: education.itl [at] sa.gov.au