On this page
EDMed gives education staff information and strategies for children with a diverse range of illnesses.
The EDMed program helps children and education services develop a smooth transition back to school.
EDMed is a free one hour professional development session that helps to:
- better understand the impact of chronic illness and treatment on a child’s learning
- examine the emotional, social, physical and cognitive issues faced by children
- develop ideas and strategies to enhance learning
- examine changes needed to achieve better learning outcomes
- understand the teaching learning approaches specific to children with chronic health issues
- examine the importance of school connectedness.
EDMed is approved in Australia as teacher professional development. Completing EDMed will contribute to 1 hour of Professional Development addressing 1.1.2 and 1.5.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
EdMed can be delivered face-to-face to education services.
To request a free face-to-face EDMed professional development session complete the online EDMed enquiry form.
EDMed can be accessed through an online module.
To register for the free online EDMed professional development complete the online EDMed registration form.
Disability advice and research
Phone: 8226 0515
Email: education.health [at] sa.gov.au