On this page
EDMed Professional Development provides education staff with information and educational strategies that can be applied to children with a diverse range of illnesses.
The free EDMed Professional Development program is supported by the Ronald McDonald House Charities® to help children and education services develop a smooth transition and integration back to school.
EDMed is a free one hour professional development session that can assist education services to:
- better understand the impact of chronic illness and treatment on a child’s learning
- examine the emotional, social, physical and cognitive issues faced by children
- develop ideas and strategies to enhance learning
- examine changes needed to achieve better learning outcomes
- understand the teaching learning approaches specific to children with chronic health issues
- examine the importance of school connectedness.
EDMed is approved in Australia as teacher professional development. Completing EDMed will contribute to 1 hour of Professional Development addressing 1.1.2 and 1.5.2 from the Australian Professional Standards for Teachers.
EdMed Professional Development can be delivered face-to-face to education services.
To request a free face-to-face EDMed professional development session complete the online EDMed enquiry form.
EDMed Professional Development can be access by education staff via an online module.
To register for online EDMed professional development complete the online EDMed registration form.
Disability and complex needs team
Phone: 8226 3620
Email: education.health [at] sa.gov.au