On this page
South Australian government and non-government secondary schools must be affiliated to enter students from year 8 to 13 (under 20 years old on 1 January 2020) to take part in secondary events.
13 year old students in affiliated primary schools can also compete in competitions that are linked to interstate championships or, for year 6 and 7 students, in a joint primary and secondary competition.
Schools must pay a fee to affiliate. This fee is in addition to any competition fees for swimming and track and field state championships or knockout events. To affiliate:
- determine your category of affiliation and associated fee as outlined below
- complete and return the affiliation form (World 124KB)
- pay the fee by cheque or electronic funds transfer (EFT) as outlined on the form.
Affiliation form and fees are due by Thursday 9 April 2020.
Government schools – $250 including GST
Non-government schools – $625 including GST
Category 1 schools can to compete in up to 5 of these secondary activities, nominate students for interstate competitions and compete in specific events for students with disabilities.
- Zone competition equates to 1 activity
- Knockout term 1 (including cricket) equates to 1 activity
- Knockout term 2/3 equates to 2 activities
- Knockout term 3/4 equates to 1 activity
- Cross country equates to 1 activity
- Cycling (time trial, tour and mountain bike) equates to 1 activity
- Golf (teams stableford including knockout, individual and under 15 event) equates to 1 activity
- Relays (50km, 100km and ekiden) equates to 1 activity
- Surfing (girls surf coaching, rounds and teams) equates to 1 activity
- Swimming equates to 1 activity
- Tennis equates to 1 activity
- Track and field equates to 1 activity
- Triathlon equates to 1 activity
Government schools – $1 per student including GST
Non-government schools - $1.70 per student including GST
Category 2 schools can compete in an unlimited number of activities, nominate students for interstate competitions and compete in specific events for students with disabilities.
The official enrolment figure determined at the end of February must be used to calculate the capitation fee, not the number of students involved in secondary activities.
This capitation fee is often suited to small schools.
Government schools – $75 including GST
Non-government schools - $138 including GST
Category 3 schools can only nominate students for interstate competitions. Schools will still receive secondary activity information
Government schools – $23 including GST
Non-government schools – $52 including GST
Category 4 schools can enter in specific events for students with disabilities, including interstate competitions.
School Sport SA
Phone: 8416 5900
Email: education.schoolsportsa [at] sa.gov.au