On this page
When you’re on a governing council, there might be an opportunity to be creative and develop new ways of governing your school or preschool.
Many of our schools and preschools already do this.
These case studies are examples of innovative or effective governance. They highlight a collaborative approach to governance. Each story can be a good way to get people thinking and talking about new or different ways to govern.
The case studies show:
- ways to increase communication in the school or preschool community
- examples of how to involve the school or preschool community
- ways to offer open and transparent governance and share information
- opportunities for a school, preschool and broader community to give feedback
- how governance can work across multiple sites
- shared visions and goals for sites in our partnership regions.
- How to get parents more involved – Belair Jean Bonython Kindergarten
- How to get the community involved – Brighton Secondary School
- A partnership approach to improved governance – Coorong and Mallee Partnership (PDF 290KB)
- Involving young people in school governance – NASSSA (PDF 298KB)
- A targeted approach to parent engagement – Wudinna RSL Memorial Kindergarten (PDF 291KB).
Site Governance, Partnerships, Schools and Preschools
Phone: 8226 9617
Email: Education.sitegovernance [at] sa.gov.au