On this page
There are several things that suppliers need to consider when managing a contract with the department.
Key tasks include:
- review the contract and understand the obligations of both your business and the Department for Education
- follow key performance indicators (KPIs) and reporting requirements detailed in the contract
- discuss issues and challenges as they arise.
Maintaining good relationships is important. It will allow you to deal with issues before they become problems.
- establish a positive relationship with your contract manager
- communicate regularly
- seek and provide constructive feedback
- be honest and transparent.
Deal with issues in line with the contract.
Raise issues as early as possible to allow time for them to be resolved.
You have an obligation to track your progress. This should be done against contracted requirements and KPIs.
Follow the reporting requirements set out in the contract, which may include:
- measuring KPIs
- progress reports.
Accurate records and documentation are an important part of contract management and helps you monitor your contract.
Talk to the department's contract manager prior to the end of your contract and seek clarification if the contract will be renewed, extended or a new procurement process will be run.
Procurement, Contracting and Transport Directorate
Phone: 8226 1610
Email: education.procurementunit [at] sa.gov.au