Go to top of page

School enrolments for families on 457 and 482 visas

On this page

This information is about school enrolments for families on subclass 457 or 482 visas. For information about international student enrolments please visit our International Educational Services website.

How to enrol

Step 1 - approach a school

Most government schools are zoned and where your children go to school will depend on where you live. For information about enrolling at your local school please contact the school directly.

You can find government schools in your area on the find a school or service page.

Enrolment will be offered based on the school enrolment policy and the school’s specific capacity management plan if applicable. 

Step 2 - 457 and 482 registration

Complete an online 457 or 482 registration form that includes every child applying for enrolment in a South Australian government school. If you wish to enrol your child in a non-government school, you should contact the school to determine enrolment procedures and costs.

Step 3 - pay the student contribution fee

You can nominate to pay the fee upfront annually or in weekly, fortnightly, monthly or per term instalments via BPay, BPoint or direct debit. Our payment page has more information about payment options.

Once a payment has been received the department will issue a confirmation of 457 or 482 registration letter via email.

Step 4 - provide the school with all documents

You must provide the confirmation of registration letter to the school where your children are enrolled.

A general school enrolment form is completed for each child at the respective school they will be attending. This form will be provided by South Australian government schools.

The school will still collect a separate materials and services charge, the amount charged varying between schools.

Step 5 - update your information

Complete the change in 457 or 482 visa holder information form online to update your address, contact details, visa status, and school or to register another child at a later date.


457 and 482 visa school fee administration

Phone: (08) 8226 7598
Email: education.SchoolFundingReform [at] sa.gov.au