On this page
This page explains how to nominate for selection in the 12 years and under track and field state teams to compete at the School Sport Australia championships in 2022.
Preparation is continuing for all School Sport Australia championships subject to advice from State and Territory Departments of Health. Please note, the ability for students to attend the 2022 School Sport Australia championships will be subject to the approval of the SA Department for Education.
To nominate for selection, students must be
- enrolled at an affiliated school.
- born from 1 January 2010 to 31 December 2012.
Brisbane, Queensland from Thursday 17 to Monday 21 November 2022.
Travel dates may vary due to flight availability.
- Coach - Andy Doran, Little Athletics
- Coach - Shane Danaher, Little Athletics
- Coach - Mel Fraser, Little Athletics
- Coach - Rachel Larking, Little Athletics
- Team manager - Kylie Ashworth, Reynella Primary School
- Team manager - Ian Burge, Largs Bay School
- Team manager - Wendy Stimson, Trinity College
- Tommy Aldridge, Willunga Primary School
- Joseph Allcock, Fulham North Primary School
- Daniel Bahr, St Mary's Memorial School
- Xavier Bickley, Immanuel Primary School
- Willow Borthwick, Highbury Primary School
- Alex Bradley, Keith Area School
- Maia Burdon, St Aloysius College
- Charlie Camilleri, Prince Alfred College
- Ruby Carney, Seaview High School
- Isabelle Cherry, Saint Ignatius' College
- William Cochrane, Immanuel Lutheran School
- Hugo Costa, Grange Primary School
- Sophie Davis, Immanuel Primary School
- Chase Dawes, Glen Osmond Primary School
- Avalie Deboy, The Hills Christian Community School
- Lauren Disney, St Peter's Collegiate Girls' School
- Thisali Vinara Dissanayake, Munno Para Primary School
- Ryder Dunlop, Maitland Lutheran School
- Hudson Egan, Encounter Lutheran College
- Mia Ehrlich, Adelaide High School
- Edison Ewing, St Michael's Lutheran Primary School
- Eva Flint, St Andrew's School
- Annabelle Fountain, Mitcham Primary School
- Hamish Gordon, Tenison Woods College
- Beth Griffin, Largs Bay School
- Mia Griffiths, Concordia College
- Eva Harrington Downie, Stirling East Primary School
- Cooper Harry, Faith Lutheran College
- Ashleigh Heggie, Trinity College North School
- Brody Hewlett, Lobethal Lutheran School
- Lilliana Hoffman, St Mark's Lutheran Primary School
- Evie Hoffrichter, Ceduna Area School
- Caitlin Holmes, Dominican School
- Harley Hudson, Largs Bay School
- Chelsea Ireland, Westminster School
- Josaea Latu, Settlers Farm Campus R-6
- Beau Lawson, The Heights School
- Sienna Mason, Klemzig Primary School
- Jade McLaren, Port Elliot Primary School
- Sofie Mead, Brighton Primary School
- Izyus Mika, Fulham North Primary School
- Jude Millard, St Francis de Sales College
- Adriano Nyamrunda, Grange Primary School
- Elijah Onyeizugbo, Emmaus Christian College
- Joshua Onyeizugbo, Glenunga International High School
- Thomas Ozols, West Lakes Shore Primary School
- Sophie Pearce, Mary MacKillop Memorial School
- Eva Pfitzner, St Peter's Woodlands Grammar School
- Isabella Piesse, Immaculate Heart of Mary School
- Luke Ramsey, Cleve Area School
- Charlie Revell, St Joseph's School - Kingswood
- Andy Rio, Plympton Primary School
- Maggie Robinson, Mercedes College
- Ignatios Samaras, Westminster School
- Oliver Schmidt, Redeemer Lutheran School
- Mitchell Semmler, Immanuel Lutheran School
- Violette Smith, Stella Maris Parish School
- Ivy Strawhorn, The Hills Christian Community School
- Lucille Trengove, St Peter's Collegiate Girls' School
- Nathan Trotter, Fulham North Primary School
- Harry Vrakking, Berri Primary School
- Mali Walters, St Dominic's Priory College
- Oliver Waters, Stirling East Primary School
- Rajabu Waziri, Moana Primary School
- Edward Whitehouse, Scotch College
- Lincoln Wicks, Sheidow Park Primary School
- Lillian Wiese, Mundulla Primary School
- Tilly Williams, Parkside Primary School
- Ayla Woodstock-Swaffer, St Joseph's School - Port Lincoln
The team is selected to ensure there is a team balance that enables each age group and gender to compete in as many events as possible. Maximum team size must be taken into considerations when selecting the team. Team size is determined by School Sport SA and considers the supervision ratios as set out in the Department for Education guidelines.
The School Sport SA Track and Field Sapsasa State Championships on Monday 19, Tuesday 20, Friday 23 and Monday 26 September are the selection trials. All students wishing to be considered for selection must participate at this event. Students in year 7 who wish to be considered, can nominate to compete as an individual competitor at this event.
- Results from the School Sport SA Track and Field Sapsasa State Championships will be used to select athletes in individual events. Results will be compared to the selection standards which are based on historical averages from the finals of individual events at the School Sport Australia 12 years and under track and field championships (updated annually)
- No other events will be taken into consideration.
- State team officials' observations on the race circumstances such as weather conditions across the championship dates will be taken into considerations. These observations will be noted down if necessary. No external person's observations will be used.
- Relay teams will be selected from athletes who have been selected in the team for individual event(s).
- Meeting the selection criteria and standards does not guarantee selection.
- There is no requirement to select an athlete if they do not demonstrate good behaviour in and out of competition.
- Not all places will be filled per event age/gender due to restrictions on team size. Athletes selected in the team will be given the opportunity to fill vacancies in events through a trial process at trainings.
Combined event selection criteria
To be considered for a combined event athletes must
- Indicate on the nomination form in the comments section that they wish to be considered.
- Place first, second or third in either the 100m, 800m, long jump or shot put.
- Achieve a top 6 finish in at least one other event, preferably in either long jump, shot put, 800m or 100m
Athletes who are chosen for the combined event may be considered for an individual event providing there is not a conflict in the program with their combined event inclusive of warm up and recovery time. This decision will be at the discretion of the selectors based on the above selection criteria.
Athletes who are selected for individual events and wish to add the combined event as an extra event, the following considerations are taken into account before selection is made
- whether the combined event could impact their time for training and competition in the individual event.
- whether the athlete has a competitive 800m time of 2.20 minutes to 3.10 minutes (inclusive of all genders and age groups)
School Sport SA
Phone: 8416 5900
Email: education.schoolsportsa [at] sa.gov.au