On this page
This page explains how to nominate for selection in the 15 years and under boys and girls Australian football state teams to compete at the School Sport Australia championships in 2022.
Preparation is continuing for all School Sport Australia championships subject to advice from State and Territory Departments of Health. Please note, the ability for students to attend the 2022 School Sport Australia championships will be subject to the approval of the SA Department for Education.
To nominate for selection, students must be
- enrolled at an affiliated school
- 15 years and under in the year of competition. Cannot turn 16 in 2022.
Lavington, New South Wales from Saturday 23 to Saturday 30 July 2022.
Travel dates may vary due to flight availability.
|Boys coach||Matthew Slade||mslade [at] pac.edu.au|
|Boys assistant coach||Gavin Hughes||To be advised|
|Boys team manager||Sam Venning||To be advised|
|Boys tour manager||Andrew Cousins||
0418 891 019 andrew.cousins394 [at] schools.sa.edu.au
|Girls coach||Janet Bradley||To be advised|
|Girls assistant coach||Eloise Jones||To be advised|
|Girls team manager||Nicolle Orr||nicolle.orr1 [at] schools.sa.edu.au|
The team will be under the supervision of the team officials to meet supervision ratios.
Complete the online nomination form by the due date
- Boys - Tuesday 19 April 2022
- Girls - Wednesday 4 May 2022.
You will receive a confirmation email within 2 business days once your nomination has been processed. Your school will also be sent a copy as confirmation of your nomination. Your school has the right to not approve a child's involvement based on behaviour, attendance and other grounds as determined by the school.
Trials are run in a safe and supportive learning environment to select the state team to compete at the School Sport Australia Championships.
- A trial cost of $10 per student is to be paid at the first trial to the manager upon registration. Country students do not pay.
- Students are to wear appropriate school sport top, footwear and any sport specific equipment.
- Parents/caregiver are responsible for organising transport to and from the trials.
- If unforeseen circumstances mean the trials are unable to go ahead, families and schools will be notified as soon as possible. Trials will either be rescheduled if time permits, or an alternative option will be organised.
The first trial will be held at Prince Alfred College Park 15 oval, 15 Dequetteville Tce, Kent Town Thursday 21 April 10am to 2.30pm, Park 15 oval where a squad of 45 will be selected to attend trial 2.
Invited players will attend the second trial at Prince Alfred College Park 15 oval on Sunday 1 May 9.30am to 11.30am, Park 15 oval where a squad of 30 will be selected to attend the final trial
The final trial for invited players will be held on Sunday 15 May 9.30am to 11.30am, back oval where the final team and reserves will be selected.
View the map of the Prince Alfred College grounds (PDF 266KB) for trial locations.
Trials will be held at Westminster School, 1-23 Alison Ave, Marion from 8.30am to 12noon on
- Sunday 8 May
- Sunday 15 May
- Sunday 22 May
Students will be involved in drills and competitive scenarios to select the team based on
- ability and game sense in the sport.
- willingness to listen and learn from feedback.
- level of skill and sport knowledge.
- fitness level and effort.
- positive attitude at trials and school.
- demonstration of being a good sport and behaviour on and off the playing field.
Selection in a School Sport SA state team requires endorsement from the student's school principal before confirming their place in the team. Therefore, parents are advised not to make arrangements that incur costs until the school has confirmed that the student fulfils all requirements.
All selected team members will be required to attend all team trainings and a team photo shoot.
Country team members travelling more than 2 hours can negotiate their commitment.
The selected student agrees to attend the competition for the full duration including the opening and closing ceremonies and the educational excursion.
An individual itemised account will be provided for every student selected in a School Sport SA state team.
Uniform ordering will be a separate online ordering process where payment is made directly to the supplier.
The cost is estimated to be approximately $2000 for this championship.
More information will be provided once COVID protocols are considered and implemented.
School Sport SA
Phone: 8416 5900
Email: education.schoolsportsa [at] sa.gov.au