On this page
We would like to hear from students and young people, parents and carers, education staff and the community including government and non-government groups on the new Aboriginal Education strategy.
The new Aboriginal Education strategy is being developed to support:
- improved learning outcomes for Aboriginal children and young people
- better attendance and retention rates of Aboriginal students
- training to make sure teachers and leaders are culturally responsive.
Development of the South Australian Strategy will align with the National Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education strategy which focuses on:
- early childhood transitions
- attendance and engagement
- the Australian curriculum
- transition points (including pathways to post-school options)
Have your say
Your input is important and will help to develop the new strategy.
Input can be provided by:
- commenting online via the YourSAy website
- contacting the Aboriginal Education Strategy team by email (education.aboriginalstrategy [at] sa.gov.au) or phone on 8226 3114
- attending one of our face-to-face consultations outlined below.
We encourage families, carers, students and community to attend one of the sessions outlined below. Please contact a member of the Aboriginal Education Strategy team to register.
Consultation schedule - June 2018
- 6 June - Riverland, 11am to 2.30pm
- 7 June - Mt Barker, 11am to 2.30pm
- 8 June - Murray Bridge, 11am to 2.30pm
- 14 June - Pt Augusta, 5pm to 7.30pm
- 15 June - Whyalla, 4pm to 7pm
- 18 June - Ceduna, 5.30pm to 7.30pm
- 18 June - North Metro, 10am to 12.30pm
- 19 June - Marden, 10am to 1pm
- 22 June - Port Adelaide, 10am to 12.30pm
- 25 June - North Metro, 6pm to 8.30pm
- 26 June - Port Lincoln, 6pm to 8pm
- 27 June - Mitcham, 9.30am to 12.30am
- 28 June - Hackham West, 11.30am to 2.30pm
Consultation schedule - July 2018
- 3 July - Coober Pedy, time to be confirmed
- 5 July - Port Pirie, 5pm to 7.30pm
- 6 July - Kadina, time to be confirmed.
A Mount Gambier consultation date will be scheduled shortly.
For venue details and to register for a session, please email education.aboriginalstrategy [at] sa.gov.au.
Your input will help develop a strategy that supports lifting learning outcomes for Aboriginal children and young people to succeed from birth, in their school years and beyond into further study, employment and training.
A copy of the new strategy will be made available shortly after the consultations are completed.
Aboriginal Education directorate
Phone: 8226 3114
Email: education.aboriginalstrategy [at] sa.gov.au