On this page
The tennis individual championships are for schools who nominate individual players from students in year 7 to 12. Find out more about the event and how you can enter.
To participate in the event, students must be
- enrolled at an affiliated school
- in years 7 to 12
Students must compete in their year level category and only participate in one category.
Students must be under the age of 20 as at 1 January in the year of competition.
As a result of the start of term 1, 2022 plan for schools to return released on Friday 14 January we are looking at the impact on our programs and calendar and as soon as we have confirmed any changes we will update our information.
Seaside Tennis Club - 61 Cudmore Terrace, Henley Beach
- Wednesday 16 March - years 7 and 8 boys and girls
- Thursday 17 March - years 9 and 10 boys and girls
- Friday 18 March - years 11 and 12 boys and girls
- 2022 results report (PDF, 583KB)
- Year 7 and 8 boys draw (PDF, 159KB)
- Year 7 and 8 girls draw (PDF, 149KB)
- Year 9 and 10 boys draw (PDF, 155KB)
- Year 9 and 10 girls draw (PDF, 156KB)
- Year 11 and 12 boys draw (PDF, 153KB)
- Year 11 and 12 girls draw (PDF, 98KB)
$13.00 including GST per student.
Students who withdraw prior to the event and do not inform School Sport SA or do not turn up on the day will still need to pay the $13.00 including GST entry fee.
No payment is required on the day. A tax invoice will be sent to schools after the event.
- Registrations will open at 8:30am
- Main draw tournament - begins at 9:00am
- Consolation tournament - if the student loses their first match they will be entered in the consolation draw.
- Fast 4 tennis - For students who have been knocked out of the main draw and consolation tournaments they can enter themselves to play some fast 4 matches against other students who have been knockout. Students can sign up to play doubles and singles in fast 4 matches.
- Presentations will occur once the final has been played.
Single event - main draw and consolation draw
- Six (6) game no advantage sets with tiebreaker at 5 all
- No ad is where the game score reaches deuce at which time the receiver has had the option of which side the server serves to and the winner of that point wins the game.
- Finals will be 9 game sets with a tiebreaker at 8-all depending on weather/length of the day. This will be at the discreation of the referee on the day.
- The main draw will be based on 64 or 32 draws with winners advancing through to the next round. All players who lose their first match will be eligible for the consolation competition.
Time of play
- Players are required to check in by 8:30am unless an alternative time has been arranged with School Sport SA.
- Players must be available at any time from the start to the completion of the tournament.
- Players not ready within 15 minutes of being called to court will be liable to forfeit.
- All matches may have a hit of up to 5 minutes.
- Players are to wear tennis attire, including a school identifying top such as a PE or sport shirt.
- Players will not be permitted to wear sweat shirts, dress shirts, track suits and or football shorts when playing a match unless approved by the championship convenor.
- Prominent advertising or lettering in any form on tennis attire is not permitted.
Fill in the individual tennis championships nomination form (word, 101KB) by Wednesday 2 March.
- Presentations will be at the end of the event.
- Results will be posted on this page as soon as possible after the event.
- 2021 results report (PDF, 838KB)
- 2021 year 7 and 8 boys (PDF, 153KB)
- 2021 year 7 and 8 girls (PDF, 200KB)
- 2021 year 9 and 10 boys (PDF, 153KB)
- 2021 year 9 and 10 girls (PDF, 223KB)
- 2021 year 11 and 12 boys (PDF, 153KB)
- 2021 year 11 and 12 girls (PDF, 465KB)
School Sport SA
Phone: 8416 5900
Email: education.schoolsportsa [at] sa.gov.au