Go to top of page

Governing councils, school councils and OSHC staff

Being an employing authority of out of school hours care staff

When a site (school or preschool) has an out of school hours care (OSHC) service, the council is the employing authority of the OSHC.

You can find OSHC employer information on the employment and governing councils webpage.

Questions and concerns

If your have questions or concerns about being the employing authority of OSHC staff, please contact us or the department’s out of school hours care team.


Governing Councils, Office for Education and Early Childhood

Phone: 8226 9617
EmailEducation.sitegovernance [at] sa.gov.au

Out of school hours care unit

Phone: 8226 6427
EmailEducation.oshc [at] sa.gov.au