This page is for permanent school and preschool teachers employed under the Education and Children's Services Act 2019 who are:
- registering on the permanent teacher register
- making a teacher placement request
- registering to attend a permanent teacher information session.
You must register on the permanent teacher register (PTR) if you are:
- returning from leave (and do not hold a right of return to a school)
- in a permanent against temporary (PAT) position (currently in a B or C vacancy)
- in a temporarily placed teacher (TPT) position
- identified for a required placement from your current location
- completing a tenured leadership or seconded position without a right of return
- a permanent relieving teacher (PRT) completing a tenured PRT position
- part of targeted recruitment strategy
- not included in any of the above but have prior written approval for inclusion on the PTR.
You may opt into the permanent teacher register (PTR) if you are:
- exercising a guaranteed right of return from the country to metropolitan area
- exercising a remote country to nearer country guarantee
- an eligible permanent teacher from a category 1 and 2 or country school with preferential metropolitan placement consideration
- an eligible permanent teacher lodging a request to transfer.
See permanent teacher register eligibility and application instructions (PDF 213KB) for more information.
You may be eligible to request a special or compassionate placement for reasons including but not limited to:
- physical restrictions
- travel issues
- medical reasons.
To make a request, complete a placement request form – VL729 (staff access only, PDF 267KB). Send the form with all supporting documents to the senior HR consultant for your current or most recent school or preschool.
People and Culture Operations
Phone: 8226 1356
Email: education.hr [at] sa.gov.au