This page is for permanent school and preschool teachers employed under the Education and Children's Services Act 2019 who are:
- registering on the permanent teacher register
- making a teacher placement request
- registering to attend a permanent teacher information session.
You must register on the permanent teacher register (PTR) if you are:
- returning from leave (and do not hold a right of return to a school)
- in a permanent against temporary (PAT) position (currently in a B or C vacancy)
- in a temporarily placed teacher (TPT) position
- identified for a required placement from your current location
- completing a tenured leadership or seconded position without a right of return
- a permanent relieving teacher (PRT) completing a tenured PRT position
- part of targeted recruitment strategy
- not included in any of the above but have prior written approval for inclusion on the PTR.
You may opt into the permanent teacher register (PTR) if you are:
- exercising a guaranteed right of return from the country to metropolitan area
- exercising a remote country to nearer country guarantee
- an eligible permanent teacher from a category 1 and 2 or country school with preferential metropolitan placement consideration
- an eligible permanent teacher lodging a request to transfer.
See permanent teacher register eligibility and application instructions (PDF 213KB) for more information.
You may be eligible to request a special or compassionate placement for reasons including but not limited to:
- physical restrictions
- travel issues
- medical reasons.
To make a request, complete a placement request form – VL729 (staff access only, PDF 267KB). Send the form with all supporting documents to the senior HR consultant for your current or most recent school or preschool.
You can register to attend school or preschool permanent teacher information sessions via Eventbrite.
If you cannot attend a session, these videos will provide information for registering on the PTR.
Permanent school teacher registration video
You can also watch the schooling sector PTR information video on Vimeo.
Permanent preschool teacher registration video
You can also watch the preschool sector video on Vimeo.
If you need help applying for ongoing teaching positions, watch this video.
You can also watch the applying for ongoing teaching positions video on Vimeo.
The videos can be found on the Online Learning Team's Vimeo page.
People and Culture Operations
Phone: 8226 1356
Email: education.hr [at] sa.gov.au