On this page
This page is for permanent school and preschool teachers employed under the Education and Children's Services Act 2019 who are:
- registering on the permanent teacher register
- making a teacher placement request.
You must register on the permanent teacher register (PTR) if you are:
- returning from leave (and do not hold a right of return to a school)
- in a permanent against temporary (PAT) position (currently in a B or C vacancy)
- in a temporarily placed teacher (TPT) position
- identified for a required placement from your current location
- completing a tenured leadership or seconded position without a right of return
- a permanent relieving teacher (PRT) completing a tenured PRT position
- part of targeted recruitment strategy
- not included in any of the above but have prior written approval for inclusion on the PTR.
You may opt into the permanent teacher register (PTR) if you are:
- exercising a guaranteed right of return from the country to metropolitan area
- exercising a remote country to nearer country guarantee
- an eligible permanent teacher from a category 1 and 2 or country school with preferential metropolitan placement consideration
- an eligible permanent teacher lodging a request to transfer.
See permanent teacher register eligibility and application instructions (PDF 213KB) for more information.
You may be eligible to request a special or compassionate placement for reasons including but not limited to:
- physical restrictions
- travel issues
- medical reasons.
For more information about applying see permanent school and preschool teacher placement (staff login required).