Go to top of page

Permanent school and preschool teacher placement

On this page

This page is for permanent school and preschool teachers employed under the Education and Children's Services Act 2019 who are:

  • registering on the permanent teacher register
  • making a teacher placement request.

Permanent teacher register

You must register on the permanent teacher register (PTR) if you are:

  • returning from leave (and do not hold a right of return to a school)
  • in a permanent against temporary (PAT) position (currently in a B or C vacancy)
  • in a temporarily placed teacher (TPT) position
  • identified for a required placement from your current location
  • completing a tenured leadership or seconded position without a right of return
  • a permanent relieving teacher (PRT) completing a tenured PRT position
  • part of targeted recruitment strategy
  • not included in any of the above but have prior written approval for inclusion on the PTR.

You may opt into the permanent teacher register (PTR) if you are:

  • exercising a guaranteed right of return from the country to metropolitan area
  • exercising a remote country to nearer country guarantee
  • an eligible permanent teacher from a category 1 and 2 or country school with preferential metropolitan placement consideration
  • an eligible permanent teacher lodging a request to transfer.

See permanent teacher register eligibility and application instructions (PDF 213KB) for more information.

Teacher placement requests

You may be eligible to request a special or compassionate placement for reasons including but not limited to:

  • physical restrictions
  • travel issues
  • medical reasons.

Make a teacher placement request (edHR – staff login required).

For more information about applying see permanent school and preschool teacher placement (staff login required).

People and Culture

Phone: 8226 1356
Email: education.hr [at] sa.gov.au