On this page
It is recommended that researchers read the conducting research with department staff, students and data procedure (PDF 361KB) before completing the online research application form.
When completing the research application form, you may be required to upload some or all of the following documentation:
- Working with Children clearance OR Teachers Registrations Board registration
- HREC application/ amendments/ letter of approval
- Letter of Introduction to Principal/ Site leader
- Information sheets for participants
- Instruments/ assessments/ questionnaires
- Consent forms
- Proof of Public Liability Insurance (see table below).
University contacts for Public Liability Insurance
The University of Adelaide
The University of South Australia
Level 2, 101 Currie Street, Adelaide SA 5000
Internal Post Code - 101-06
Phone 08 830 21678
Fax: 08 830 21699
CRICOS Provider No. 00121B
Undertaking school-based research in more than one Australian state or territory
Different forms and guidelines may apply to researchers undertaking projects across other states and territories.
Researchers should consult guidelines specific to the state research is to be conducted in.
- New South Wales
- Western Australia
- Australian Capital Territory
- Northern Territory
Data that is already held by the department but not typically collected for the purposes of research includes:
See data access requests for more information.
Both South Australian and national applications for research and evaluation must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Research and Evaluation
Phone: 8226 1206
Email: education.researchunit [at] sa.gov.au