On this page
We’re developing an Early Learning Strategy to support every child's learning and development in the first 5 years of life.
Key priorities for the strategy are:
- an increased proportion of children developmentally on track as they start school
- the quality of preschool education programs.
Feedback and comments on the strategy have been provided through:
- YourSAy community engagement including a survey and discussion board
- ongoing consultation with a range of stakeholders, associations and government and non-government agencies.
We sought feedback on:
- preschool programs to support children’s learning and development before school
- monitoring developmental milestones to ensure children are ‘on track’ as they start school
- support for parents to help their child’s learning at and development.
Your feedback is helping inform the focus of the Early Learning Strategy.
An update on the development of the strategy will be provided here in the coming weeks, including details about future engagement opportunities.
The strategy forms part of the department’s broader reform to achieve world-class education in South Australia by 2028.
The draft vision for the Early Learning Strategy is: all young children thriving and learning.
This vision will be refined throughout the current YourSAy consultation with all our stakeholders.
The strategy’s goals are:
- Develop partnerships across government and non-governments sectors to increase the proportion of children developmentally on track, regardless of background or location with additional specific support for Aboriginal and disadvantaged children.
- High quality educational preschool programs underpinned by excellence in teaching and learning.
- Well supported parents highly engaged with their children enabling them to learn and reach their potential.
The Early Learning Strategy aligns with the Child Development Council’s first annual report, South Australia’s outcomes framework for children and young people: how are they faring? – South Australia’s 2020 report card for children and young people.
Early Learning Strategy Team
Email: Education.ELS [at] sa.gov.au