A range of government schools across metropolitan and regional South Australia will receive major upgrades to their infrastructure.
The upgrades will look different at each school and may include:
- new buildings
- additional learning areas
- additional facilities
- removing old relocatable/modular buildings
- refurbishing existing learning areas
- new outdoor learning areas
- new or improved street frontage
- security upgrades/requirements.
New funding of $28.6m will be available to support those schools that require additional accommodation.
Additional funding of $28m will be available for schools already receiving upgrades to grow their capacity.