Children and students with a disability or special needs must be given the same opportunities for education as other children and students.
The department strives to provide learning programs that:
- meet the needs and requirements of all students
- comply with the Early Years Learning framework and the Australian Curriculum.
For more details about:
- speech, language and hearing
- learning difficulties and disabilities
- protecting children and young people with a disability
- disability support at school
- disability support at preschool
- equipment and assistive technology
- Learning Together at Home program
- respite care
- special needs learning plans.