On this page
Many of our schools and preschools already do this.
These case studies are examples of innovative or effective governance. They highlight a collaborative approach to governance. Each story can be a good way to get people thinking and talking about new or different ways to govern.
The case studies show:
- ways to increase communication in the school or preschool community
- examples of how to involve the school or preschool community
- ways to offer open and transparent governance and share information
- opportunities for a school, preschool and broader community to give feedback
- how governance can work across multiple sites
- shared visons and goals for sites in our partnership regions.
- How to get parents more involved – Belair Jean Bonython Kindergarten
- How to get the community involved – Brighton Secondary School
- A partnership approach to improved governance – Coorong and Mallee Partnership (PDF 290KB)
- Involving young people in school governance – NASSSA (PDF 298KB)
- A targeted approach to parent engagement – Wudinna RSL Memorial Kindergarten (PDF 291KB).
Governing Councils, Office for Education and Early Childhood
Phone: 8226 9617
Email: Education.sitegovernance [at] sa.gov.au