Instrumental music lessons support school documented music curriculums, or music-focused arts curriculums. These lessons are provided by Instrumental Music (IM).
Semester 1 2019
To request the enrolment of your child into an existing IM program at your school, complete the new student online enrolment request form. This form will be sent to your school automatically.
Alternatively, print and complete the printable enrolment form (Word 98KB) and return it to your school.
For more information on how to access instrumental music lessons, contact your school.
Instrumental Music allocates instrumental music lessons in schools.
Lessons are allocated to support schools where:
- instrumental music contributes to the school’s music curriculum
- classroom music is highly valued
- a pathway for student participation into ensembles exists
- students are participating in hub or cluster programs, or school, state or regional ensembles
- the school shows support for IM programs by providing:
- an appropriate teaching space
- internet access
- other resources.
To support continuing students, a pathway will be developed from primary to secondary schools, where possible.
The selection of instruments available for students is determined collaboratively by the school and IM leadership. Schools will advise students about the requirements, process and selection criteria.
Phone: 8226 1883
Email: education.musicprograms [at] sa.gov.au