On this page
Recruitment is open for permanent and temporary teaching positions for the 2023 school year.
If you're a permanent or contract teacher, we encourage you to apply for a permanent teaching position suited to your skill set and qualifications.
If you’re a qualified teacher, you can apply for permanent teaching positions to work in South Australian public schools.
How to apply
To apply for an ongoing teaching position for 2023 you need to:
- build your applicant profile in the recruitment portal
- apply on Edujobs when vacancies are advertised.
See application instructions and eligibility (PDF 285.0KB) for more information.
Key dates for round 2
- Thursday 15 September – portal opens to build your applicant profile
- Thursday 29 September – applications open on Edujobs
- Thursday 20 October – applicant profile portal closes at 11.59pm
- Thursday 27 October – applications close on EduJobs at 11.30pm
Schools will be making offers in term 4.
You do not need an applicant profile on the recruitment portal to apply for a temporary teaching position. You can apply for temporary roles via Edujobs.
If you’re interested in working as a contract teacher in a South Australian government school, see teacher employment requirements and registration for more details.