On this page
Schools and preschools
These documents summarise the current rates of pay for Education and Children's Services Act staff:
- preschool teachers pay rates (PDF 136KB)
- school teachers pay rates (PDF 206KB)
- school services officers pay rates (PDF 215KB)
- early childhood workers pay rates (PDF 227KB)
- Aboriginal education workers pay rates (PDF 176KB)
- government service employees and SA transport workers pay rates (PDF 195KB).
Public Sector Act employees
Trainees, cadets and apprentices
Cadets are employed under an appropriate award and paid according to the level of their duties.
For example, an IT technician working in a school would be paid under the School Service Officers (government schools) Award and, because of their level of responsibility, be paid as an SSO2.
- South Australian Public Sector Modern Enterprise Agreement: Salaried 2017 (PDF 2343KB)
- South Australian Public Sector Wages Parity Enterprise Agreement: Weekly Paid 2017 (PDF 2607KB)
- South Australian school and preschool education staff enterprise agreement 2020 (PDF 6,281KB)
Before starting employment, complete the following forms and forward to Shared Services SA to ensure timely payment. These include:
- bank account details form (PDF 255KB)
- Tax File Number declaration form (PDF 398KB) available from the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) and most newsagents. The information here will help you complete the form:
To change your bank account details or taxation arrangements, submit new copies of the forms.
The Employee Information Kiosk (EIK) allows staff to access pay and other relevant information about themselves and their employment in the department.
The kiosk can be accessed from any location and allows you to:
- access your payment summary (previously known as a group certificate)
- produce a statement of service and estimate long service leave payments
- access and print copies of payslips and payment summaries
- view and update:
- personal details, such as addresses and emergency contacts
- subjects and major functions (where applicable)
- pay information
- booked leave, claims and leave entitlements
- work rosters (where applicable).
Your access to the Employee Information Kiosk (EIK) will be allocated and approved after the scheduling for your first day of working in a department site has been processed.
Payroll, Shared Services
Phone: 8462 1333
Email: EDUPayrollDoc [at] sa.gov.au