On this page
This page explains how to nominate for selection in the 12 years and under netball state team to compete at the School Sport Australia championships in 2022.
Preparation is continuing for all School Sport Australia championships subject to advice from State and Territory Departments of Health. Please note, the ability for students to attend the 2022 School Sport Australia championships will be subject to the approval of the SA Department for Education.
To nominate for selection, students must be
- enrolled at an affiliated school.
- born from 1 January 2010 to 31 December 2012.
Wollongong, New South Wales from Saturday 10 to Friday 16 September 2022
Travel dates may vary due to flight availability.
|Coach||Alice Johnswood||alice [at] taughtandbowled.com.au|
|Team manager||Corrina Ridley||0407 229 231 cridley27 [at] gmail.com|
The team will be under the supervision of the team officials to meet supervision ratios.
Nominations have closed.
You will receive a confirmation email within 2 business days once your nomination has been processed. Your school will also be sent a copy as confirmation of your nomination. Your school has the right to not approve a child's involvement based on behaviour, attendance and other grounds as determined by the school.
Trials are run in a safe and supportive learning environment to select the state team to compete at the School Sport Australia Championships.
- A trial cost of $10 per student is to be paid at the first trial to the manager upon registration. Country students do not pay.
- Students are to wear appropriate school sport top, footwear and any sport specific equipment.
- Parents/caregiver are responsible for organising transport to and from the trials.
- If unforeseen circumstances mean the trials are unable to go ahead, families and schools will be notified as soon as possible. Trials will either be rescheduled if time permits, or an alternative option will be organised.
Trials for country students will be held at Walford Anglican School for Girls, 316 Unley Road, Hyde Park on
- Sunday 5 June 2pm to 5pm.
- Sunday 19 June 2pm to 5pm.
Trials for metro students will held at Netball SA Stadium 155 Railway Tce, Mile End on
- Tuesday 7 June 4pm to 7pm on court 1 and 2. Date and time changed on 20 May
- Thursday 16 June 4pm to 6,30pm on court 3 and 4. Time change on 20 May.
An additional trial for metro students will be held on Sunday 19 June 5pm to 7.30pm at Walford Anglican School for Girls, 316 Unley Road, Hyde Park.
Students must attend 2 of the above trials. If you are unable to attend your allocated metro or country trial, please contact the coach, Alice Johnswood to negotiate attending an alternative date.
A squad will be selected after the above trials. These are the only students to be invited to attend trials on
- Sunday 26 June 2pm to 5pm at Walford Anglican School for Girls.
- Tuesday 28 June 4pm to 6.30pm. Netball SA Stadium.
- Sunday 3 July 2pm to 6.30pm at Walford Anglican School for Girls.
Country students selected in the squad and invited to the final 3 trials only need to attend 2.
Students will be involved in drills and competitive scenarios to select the team based on
- ability and game sense in the sport.
- willingness to listen and learn from feedback.
- level of skill and sport knowledge.
- fitness level and effort.
- positive attitude at trials and school.
- demonstration of being a good sport and behaviour on and off the playing field.
Selection in a School Sport SA state team requires endorsement from the student's school principal before confirming their place in the team. Therefore, parents are advised not to make arrangements that incur costs until the school has confirmed that the student fulfils all requirements.
All selected team members will be required to attend all team trainings and a team photo shoot.
Country team members travelling more than 2 hours can negotiate their commitment.
The selected student agrees to attend the competition for the full duration including the opening and closing ceremonies and the educational excursion.
An individual itemised account will be provided for every student selected in a School Sport SA state team.
Uniform ordering will be a separate online ordering process where payment is made directly to the supplier.
The cost is estimated to be approximately $1500 for this championship.
More information will be provided once COVID protocols are considered and implemented.
School Sport SA
Phone: 8416 5900
Email: education.schoolsportsa [at] sa.gov.au