On this page
This page explains how to nominate for selection in the 12 years and under boys and girls softball state teams to compete at the School Sport Australia championships in 2022.
Preparation is continuing for all School Sport Australia championships subject to advice from State and Territory Departments of Health. Please note, the ability for students to attend the 2022 School Sport Australia championships will be subject to the approval of the SA Department for Education.
To nominate for selection, students must be
- enrolled at an affiliated school.
- born from 1 January 2010 to 31 December 2012.
Melbourne, Victoria from Sunday 20 to Friday 25 November 2022.
Travel dates may vary due to flight availability.
|Boys coach||Dan Heywood||To be advised|
|Boys manager||Michele Heywood||To be advised|
|Girls coach||Chris Gent||0412 499 234 or chgent59 [at] gmail.com|
|Girls manager||Mary Fabris||To be advised|
The teams will be under the supervision of the team officials to meet supervision ratios
Nominations for both teams have closed.
You will receive a confirmation email within 2 business days once your nomination has been processed. Your school will also be sent a copy as confirmation of your nomination. Your school has the right to not approve a child's involvement based on behaviour, attendance and other grounds as determined by the school.
Trials are run in a safe and supportive learning environment to select the state team to compete at the School Sport Australia Championships.
- A trial cost of $10 per student is to be paid at the first trial to the manager upon registration. Country students do not pay.
- Students are to wear appropriate school sport top, footwear and any sport specific equipment.
- Parents/caregiver are responsible for organising transport to and from the trials.
- If unforeseen circumstances mean the trials are unable to go ahead, families and schools will be notified as soon as possible. Trials will either be rescheduled if time permits, or an alternative option will be organised.
Trial 1 will be held on Wednesday 13 April after the last games of the School Sport SA Softball Sapsasa State Carnival at West Beach.
Trials 2 to 4 will be held at Fulham North Primary School 63 Cheadle Street, Henley Beach from 9.30am to 1.30pm on
- Sunday 22 May
- Sunday 5 June
- Sunday 26 June
Students need to attend a minimum of 2 trials and are advised
- to wear appropriate clothing
- to bring their own glove, bat and face mask or mouth guard
- that shin guards are highly recommended.
- if you are a catcher to bring your own equipment.
- Lucas Benke, Tyndale Christian School - Salisbury East
- Hayden Bunn, Littlehampton Primary School
- Sam Hancock, Mount Barker Primary School
- Hudson Howie, Kirton Point Primary School
- Zachary Kenny, Wynn Vale School
- Oliver Knill, Woodcroft College
- Harrison Mansell, Immanuel Primary School
- Bailey Peel, Hewett Primary School
- Lucas Povey, Grange Primary School
- Cooper Povey, Grange Primary School
- Blake Rosenzweig, Faith Lutheran College
- Henry Sexton, Mount Barker High School
Will be announced as soon as possible after trials are completed
Students will be involved in drills and competitive scenarios to select the team based on
- ability and game sense in the sport.
- willingness to listen and learn from feedback.
- level of skill and sport knowledge.
- fitness level and effort.
- positive attitude at trials and school.
- demonstration of being a good sport and behaviour on and off the playing field.
Selection in a School Sport SA state team requires endorsement from the student's school principal before confirming their place in the team. Therefore, parents are advised not to make arrangements that incur costs until the school has confirmed that the student fulfils all requirements.
All selected team members will be required to attend all team trainings and a team photo shoot.
Country team members travelling more than 2 hours can negotiate their commitment.
The selected student agrees to attend the competition for the full duration including the opening and closing ceremonies and the educational excursion.
An individual itemised account will be provided for every student selected in a School Sport SA state team.
Uniform ordering will be a separate online ordering process where payment is made directly to the supplier.
The cost is estimated to be approximately $1500 for this championship.
More information will be provided once COVID protocols are considered and implemented.
School Sport SA
Phone: 8416 5900
Email: education.schoolsportsa [at] sa.gov.au