On this page
This page explains how to nominate for selection in the 15 years and under boys and girls volleyball state teams to compete at the School Sport Australia championships in 2022.
Preparation is continuing for all School Sport Australia championships subject to advice from State and Territory Departments of Health. Please note, the ability for students to attend the 2022 School Sport Australia championships will be subject to the approval of the SA Department for Education.
To nominate for selection, students must be
- enrolled at an affiliated school.
- 15 years and under in the year of competition. Cannot turn 16 in 2022
Sunshine Coast, Queensland from Monday 22 to Friday 26 August 2022.
Travel dates may vary due to flight availability.
School Sport Australia championships are organised by the host state with a focus on students developing skills and learning through sport in a safe and supportive environment.
|Boys coach||Stuart Scott||To be advised|
|Boys team manager||Dave Bennett||To be advised|
|Girls coach||Peter Giannes||peter.giannes33 [at] schools.sa.edu.au|
|Girls team manager||Katie Hart||To be advised|
|Tour manager||Lachy Abbott||To be advised|
The team will be under the supervision of the team officials to meet supervision ratios.
Complete the online nomination form by Wednesday 6 April
You will receive a confirmation email within 2 business days once your nomination has been processed. Your school will also be sent a copy as confirmation of your nomination. Your school has the right to not approve a child's involvement based on behaviour, attendance and other grounds as determined by the school.
Trials are run in a safe and supportive learning environment to select the state team to compete at the School Sport Australia Championships.
- A trial cost of $10 per student is to be paid at the first trial to the manager upon registration. Country students do not pay.
- Students are to wear appropriate school sport top, footwear and any sport specific equipment.
- Parents/caregiver are responsible for organising transport to and from the trials.
- If unforeseen circumstances mean the trials are unable to go ahead, families and schools will be notified as soon as possible. Trials will either be rescheduled if time permits, or an alternative option will be organised.
Trials will be held at Mount Lofty Community Sports Centre on Sunday 10 April
- Boys - 11am to 1pm and 3pm to 5pm
- Girls - 9am to 11am and 1pm to 3pm
Students will be involved in drills and competitive scenarios to select the team based on
- ability in specialised positions and game sense in the sport.
- willingness to listen and learn from feedback.
- level of skill and sport knowledge.
- fitness level and effort.
- positive attitude at trials and school.
- demonstration of being a good sport and behaviour on and off the playing field.
Selection in a School Sport SA state team requires endorsement from the student's school principal before confirming their place in the team. Therefore, parents are advised not to make arrangements that incur costs until the school has confirmed that the student fulfils all requirements.
All selected team members will be required to attend all team trainings and a team photo shoot.
Country team members travelling more than 2 hours can negotiate their commitment.
The selected student agrees to attend the competition for the full duration including the opening and closing ceremonies and the educational excursion.
An individual itemised account will be provided for every student selected in a School Sport SA state team.
Uniform ordering will be a separate online ordering process where payment is made directly to the supplier.
The cost is estimated to be approximately $2000 for this championship.
More information will be provided once COVID protocols are considered and implemented.
School Sport SA
Phone: 8416 5900
Email: education.schoolsportsa [at] sa.gov.au