The Recorder Consort SA (RCSA) is a high-performing ensemble of SA government school students of the recorder. Participating in RCSA gives students opportunities to:
- challenge and improve their musical and technical skills
- perform in concerts and at high-profile venues.
The repertoire for this ensemble includes a wide range of musical styles that display the versatility of the instrument. Opportunities to experience the full range of recorders will be available for students of the ensemble.
RCSA enables students to take Music Performance – Ensemble as a SACE Stage 2 subject.
City/country tours may be made throughout the year.
All recorder students in SA government schools, years 5 to 12 in 2022 are eligible to apply. The standard required is beyond beginner level.
The audition takes approximately 10 minutes.
Applicants should prepare to present:
- one scale, any major scale of your choice
- two pieces of your own choice that demonstrate technical and musical ability at your current level
- at least 1 minute in length
- contrasting in style, tempo, register or rhythm.
Booking an audition
To book your audition, use our online booking form.
- Date: Wednesday 2 December 2021
- Time: 9.00am to 10.30am
- Location: Klemzig instrumental music office, 28 Hay Street, Klemzig.
Print the student ensemble application form (Word 174KB) and take to your audition.
Ensemble members are expected to:
- participate in all programmed performances and events
- engage positively with the entire team
- attend rehearsals and learn music for performances
- cover the costs of membership, including providing suitable clothing.
Rehearsals start in week 3, term 1 2022. Rehearsals are every Wednesday, from 4.00pm to 5.00pm, at Mitcham Primary School, Hillview Road, Kingswood.
Ensemble members are expected to learn the music before rehearsals. If necessary, they should ask their instrumental music teacher for help.
If a member can’t attend a rehearsal, they should notify the conductor.
Rehearsal and performance uniforms
Members must wear school uniform to rehearsals.
For performances, members must wear quality, respectful black clothes, shoes and socks suitable for public performance in prestigious venues. A performance shirt will be provided.
The membership fee is $55 per year, including GST.
Instrumental Music Leader, Learning Pathways
Phone: 0458 185 152
Email: Education.Ensembles669 [at] schools.sa.edu.au