Performances provide short term goals for student learning and are an essential component of music education.
Students accessing Instrumental Music lessons may be given opportunities to perform at:
- school assemblies
- peer performances to other classes
- individual performances to whole class groups
- concerts for parents
- foyer concerts
- regional concerts
- concerts alongside professional artists
- school concerts
- community events.
Students may be able to participate in school ensembles, such as concert bands, jazz bands, string ensembles, choirs and contemporary music ensembles. These types of ensembles allow students to:
- participate at their own level of skill
- experience a wide variety of musical styles or genres
- experience a range of musical tone colour
- develop the capacity to maintain their own part in an ensemble
- give public performances
- develop life skills reflecting positive team work, tolerance, organisation and respect.
See the SA government school ensembles page for further information.
Instrumental Music office – Klemzig
Phone: 8261 8988
Email: IM.KlemzigOffice608 [at] schools.sa.edu.au
Instrumental Music office – Morphett Vale
Phone: 8392 3800
Email: IM.MorphettValeOffice896 [at] schools.sa.edu.au