The SA Teaching for Effective Learning (TfEL) framework (PDF 450KB) identifies the characteristics of effective teaching and learning to establish broad domains of teacher action and relevant pedagogy.
The framework is supported by the:
- brief overview (PDF 302KB) - the four domains and their associated elements
- detailed overview (PDF 307KB) - essence statement for each element
- domain 1: leadership overview (PDF 354KB) - implications for leaders' own learning and their leadership role.
The Teaching for Effective Learning review tools handbook (PDF 26MB) helps teachers review and reflecting on teaching practice against the TfEL framework. It can be used by:
- teachers, both independently and in conjunction with colleagues and students
- schools and sites in professional learning conversations to develop a snap-shot of practice at a school level and determine a school action plan.
It provides review tools and processes for reflecting on pedagogy as well as processes for:
- working independently
- working with trusted colleagues
- working with students
- developing a school action plan.
The Australian Curriculum focuses on both the what and the how of quality teaching and learning. Getting started supports SA government school and preschool leaders to introduce this thinking to staff.
To access this resource, select ‘login as a guest’ from the home page of the getting started site.
The getting started resource is supported by the:
- learning design overview (PDF 3.3MB)
- learning design worksheet (PDF 3.4MB)
- learning design detailed (PDF3.3MB)
Teaching for Effective Learning
Phone: 8463 5959
Email: Education.TfEL [at] sa.gov.au