Before making the decision to cease operating an out of school hours care (OSHC) service, the school governing council must conduct a review to find out if there is still a need within the community for a service.
If there is a demand for OSHC and it can be viable the school needs to ensure a service is provided.
The governing council must:
- review the service’s previous usage
- undertake a community survey (Word 233KB) to provide an estimate of participation numbers for before school, after school and vacation care
- review the service budget and fee schedule
- seek advice and support from the OSHC unit and Financial Services
- review existing employment conditions for all OSHC staff
- complete an action plan (Word 197KB) to record the review of the service, and identify who is responsible for each of the tasks and timelines.
Based on the review, the principal and school governing council can choose to:
Out of school hours care (OSHC)
Phone: 8226 6427
Email: Education.OSHC [at] sa.gov.au