On this page
A scholarship fund has been created to support high school students from under-represented groups (low socioeconomic status, girls and Aboriginal learners) to pursue science and mathematics (STEM) subjects at SACE Stage 1 and 2 level.
The fund covers the cost of tutors, laptops, excursions or any other strategy that directly supports the student to achieve in their chosen STEM subjects and pathways.
Public school secondary students undertaking SACE stage 1 STEM subjects in 2022 and SACE stage 2 subjects in 2023 are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this scholarship you must be:
- enrolled in a government school
- the holder of a school card (Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander students do not need to hold a school card)
- committed to completing at least 1 of the following STEM subjects at SACE stage 1 and stage 2 level; specialist mathematics, mathematical methods, digital technologies, chemistry or physics.
- achieved C minimum in year 10 maths and science
- willing to participate in mentoring programs and other activities that support STEM careers awareness.
Download the guidelines and application form (DOCX 2.5MB).
Friday 24 September 2021.
Successful scholarship recipients, their parent/s and school will enter into an agreement with the department.
Successful applicants will have scholarship money transferred to their school. To access scholarship funds, students can:
- provide the proof of purchase for a budget item to the school and get reimbursed, or
- request a purchase order from the school and get the item from a supplier recommended by the school.
To continue to receive the scholarship, students must demonstrate ongoing enrolment and achievement in the required STEM subjects for SACE stage 1 and stage 2.
The scholarship will end if the scholarship recipient stops attending a government school or studying the eligible STEM subjects of specialist mathematics, mathematical methods, digital technologies, physics or chemistry.
The department will need to collect personal information from you to administer the STEM scholarships.
The department complies with the Government of South Australia's Information Privacy Principles (IPPs). This document contains the privacy principles that apply to the collection, use, disclosure and handling of personal information. If you have any further questions about the department's privacy obligations, email the STEM Scholarship Project team.
This information will be stored securely.
STEM Scholarships Program
Phone: 8463 5804
Email: education.STEMScholarships [at] sa.gov.au