When you are a member of a governing council there are specific expectations about how you behave. You must comply with a code of practice (Word 80KB) that has been approved by the Minister for Education.
By being on a governing council, you have agreed to comply with this code of practice.
Your behaviour – your community
The way you behave – your conduct – will affect the relationship you have with your site’s community.
- always act honestly and lawfully
- your main responsibility is to the site and the students/children
- check there’s no conflict between your own interests and what you need to do on the council
- don’t take advantage of your position on the council
- never misuse information
- keep all information confidential, unless you’ve been authorised or are required by law to share it
- when there are disagreements, you might need to be a mediator and try to help resolve things.
Governing Councils, Office for Education and Early Childhood
Phone: 8226 9617
Email: Education.sitegovernance [at] sa.gov.au