On this page
- the treasurer
- proper account management
- managing funds
- financial reporting
- managing records.
All affiliated committees must also operate in line with the administrative instructions and guidelines. This document covers:
- financial operations – outlines school funding and income sources
- how to manage bank accounts
- requirements for purchasing items
- how to manage payments, including using cheques and purchase cards
- when receipts are required and what needs to be on them
- information on audit and reporting, and what is required of affiliated committees
- budgeting – what is the affiliated committees role in school budgets
- how to acquire property
- insurance cover requirements for affiliated committees
- public liability – when affiliated committees are covered and when they are not covered.
Before you do any finance tasks, make sure you read the affiliated committees and GST page. The rules about GST might change how you do a task.
The school bank account and finance system
An affiliated committee can use the school’s bank account and finance system. The department generally recommends this. If you do this, you must follow the same rules as the school.
Affiliated committee bank account and finance system
An affiliated committee can have its own bank account and finance system. It must be run in line with their constitution and part 3 division 1 of the administrative instructions and guidelines.
The department recommends you discuss financial arrangements with the school principal.
School and Preschool Financial Services
Phone: 1800 100 191
Email: education.SiteFinancialResources [at] sa.gov.au